Pay less tax – income splitting

Here is  Tip#5 from our series of  seven tax tips to think about when filing your tax return this year.

Tax Tip #5

Here is another way of paying less tax.  If you haven’t heard of  the income splitting tax plan, here’s how it works.  You can transfer income to a lower income spouse or a common law partner or your child. Your taxable earnings will decline. The catch is that the lower income individual must actually perform job-related duties. Also, you must keep employment records. The rule is, you must pay a wage or salary that commensurate with what you would pay another person to do the same job. AWhen you use this process, you can benefit on another level. The  hired spouse (child or common law partner) will beable to  contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and also may contribute to an RRSP.


One Response

  1. {My husband and i|My spouse and i|My wife and i} {ended up being|felt|got|have been|were} {|absolutely|now|quite|really|so|very} {cheerful|comfortable|contented|delighted|ecstatic|excited|fortunate|fulfilled|glad|happy|joyful|joyous|lucky|more than h…

    A lot of thanks for every one of your efforts on this blog. Gloria enjoys engaging in research and it’s simple to grasp why. Many of us hear all of the compelling manner you give great guidance via your blog and even cause participation from visitors …

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: